The definitive F5 instruction guide.
This eBook helps you master the use of the Nikon F5 35mm SLR, with a full description of the camera features and lots of useful tips and background information. This is the work that should have been the manual!
This eBook is $19.99 and can only be purchased from this site.
- Nikon metering and autofocus modes explained in plain English! Wonder how the color CCD-based metering pattern works? Can't figure out Dynamic autofocus, Release Priority, Focus Priority, Closest Focus Priority, and a host of other terms used to describe features of the focusing system? Thom Hogan's Complete Guide to the Nikon F5 explains these terms and accompanying techniques in the same simple, no-nonsense language that made his Nikon Field Guide a best seller.
Bonus: did you know that the F5 has a secret autofocus setting that works wonders in low light? You'll need Photo Secretary to unlock this function, but it's there, and this eBook describes how.
- F5 Accessories, software, options, and even revisions are described. Thom Hogan's Complete Guide to the Nikon F5 manages to not only fully describe every feature of the F5 in clear, easy-to-understand language, but gives you information about all the F5 accessories, points to third-party products such as the ninth-battery adapter, completely covers Photo Secretary, and even briefly describes the four modest changes Nikon has made to the camera along the way.
Bonus: this eBook contains full (and clear) instructions on how to use the MF-28 data back. And this book is the only place you'll actually find clear, complete descriptions of the custom settings supported by Photo Secretary.
Did you know?
- The F5 and the F6 are the only Nikon film bodies in which you can control the lower limit for shutter speeds with flash?
- Photo Secretary for the F5 works just fine on Windows XP (but you need a traditional 9-pin serial port)?
- That you can use pre-AI lenses on the F5 (after a Nikon service center modification)?
- You can download shooting data from the camera (requires Photo Secretary)?
You will know all those things and much, much more once you read this eBook!
What others say about this eBook:
"Demystifies the complexities of Nikon's greatest pro camera. The explanation of flash functions alone is worth the price of the book" --Dr. Steven J. Schiff
"A very comprehensive and useful tool for F5 shooters." -- Randy Holst
260 pages, PDF eBook, published by byThom Press. Current version 1.03.
The eBook is cross referenced with full bookmarks for the complete Table of Contents and live URLs for all Web references. You may print a copy of the eBook for your own personal use, or add your own comments and annotations.